I've done it! I have figured out the secret to the perfect homemade lemonade slushie! Every time I've made them at home, my slushies have turned out either too watery or too ice chunky. Well not any more, my friends, not any more.
The secret lies in using slightly frozen lemonade concentrate! Rather than putting premade lemonade into a blender with some ice, use frozen-ish lemonade concentrate, ice, and water. I think that because the flavour is so much more concentrated and frozen you need less liquid to get the perfect flavour and texture. I've made three since Saturday afternoon and every single time they've been perfect.
If it turns out that you've been doing this for years and are thinking, "why on earth would you bother making a blog post about something so obvious?" I have one thing to say to you: WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME ABOUT THIS EARLIER?!
Ingredients (for single serving of pink lemonade slushie)
- frozen pink lemonade concentrate
- 5-7 ice cubes
- glass of water
- Scoop 2 heaping spoonfuls of frozen pink lemonade concentrate into your blender
- Depending on the size of your cubes, add 5-7 to the blender
- Pour in just over half of your glass of water.
- Blend it up
- Add more water (and concentrate if necessary) to taste until you're tastebuds say "holy smokes! that's amazing!"
I think you could also turn this into an "adult fun drink" if you added a bit of booze to it ;)
I hope you survived the heat this weekend and that the week ahead treats you well!