DIY Car Freshener
Getting into a car that smells good is something I will always appreciate. Even if the car itself is a disaster, a nice smell gives the illusion that you really do care about your car but you've just been really busy (or lazy, or just didn't notice...). For the past couple of years I've been using the Bath and Bodyworks car scent things. As great as they smell, there's something comforting about using essential oils rather than whatever they put in those little plastic disks. And this is way better for the environment! PLUS it's suuuuuuper easy to make!
- mini cotton drawstring bags (you can get these at Michaels)
- cotton balls or cotton pads
- essential oils of your choosing
- embellishments for the bags
- decorate your bags in whatever way you like! stamp them with a phrase or word that inspires you, glue lace trim to the bottom like the ones pictured here (use a hot glue gun), glue a flower or shells to it, or just leave it blank if that's what you prefer!
- put your cotton balls in the pouch. if you're using actual balls just toss 'em in there, but if you're using cotton pads, I recommend pulling them apart a bit to give them a bit more fluff.
- add 4-6 drops of essential oils to the cotton balls, pull the drawstring closed.
- hang the little beauty in your car and head off on your next great adventure! (...or to the grocery store)