I'd been wanting to make a big one of these for ages. I've made a couple smaller ones, but I wanted to make one that was big and would take up some of the bare wall space we have. The most time consuming part of this project is cutting out the letters. It's painful. But definitely worth it. At least is was for me.. I'm not very good at painting letters free hand. Anyway, once you have the wood and the phrase or design cut out and positioned just the way you want it, you're ready to paint! I found I got the best results when I taped down the words so that they didn't move around and smudge the paint. After I let it dry for a few hours, Brittney helped me hang it on the wall! If you make one, send me a picture! I'd love to see what you're making, too!