**THIS IS NOT EDIBLE**
The best part of living in my own apartment is that I get to decorate it how ever I (and roomie) choose! Christmas is so much fun in your own place because there are so many fun things to make and do. Our walls are quickly being filled with all sorts of handmade things. The advent calendar I made a couple weeks ago, the T&T inspired wreath hangs behind the kitchen table, and now we have a gingerbread man garland hanging on on of our last free walls. I love this thing. It smells amazing every time you walk by it and it just looks so festive!
To make them you need:
- 1 cup of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of apple sauce
- ~1/2 cup of white craft glue
- rolling pin
- cookie cutters
- festive ribbon
- combine the cinnamon and apple sauce until the consistency is sticky enough that it looks kind of like dough
- add the glue until the dough feels wet and fairly sticky
- let the ball dry for an hour before you do anything else to it
- roll out the dough, cut out your shapes and poke two holes roughly where their arms meet their body (I used a straw to do this and sort of wiggled it around to get the holes big enough) and put them on a cookie cooling rack
- let them dry our for about eight hours or until they are firm enough that you aren’t afraid they’ll break when you string them
- Use your decorative ribbon and string them up somewhere in your home!
Like I said before, this recipe does not produce edible gingerbread men! The glue will make them taste very yucky and probably isn’t the best for your digestive system