DIY Coin Purse
A few weeks ago I gave up my wallet in favour of an old cigarette holder. It's way smaller and perfectly fits all of my cards. The only downside of it has been the lack of place to put change. I rarely have cash but when I do I end up losing all my change because I have no where to put it. Well not anymore. This thing may not be the prettiest, but it's completely functional!
- needle and thread
- tack or leather hole poker
- cut two pieces of leather into a tear drop shape.
- poke holes around the perimeter of the leather (this is optional but so much easier than just trying to force the needle through)
- sew the two right sides together facing each other, leaving the top part open (I used the blanket stitch)
- turn it right side in
- cut off one of the triangle pieces from the top of one of the tear drops.
- Attach the snaps according to the directions on the package (when you go to hammer the snaps together, make sure your finger is out of the way...)