Today I had planned to share with you a fabulous DIY advent calendar. I was super excited to make it and thought today would be the perfect day to share it because HELLO, it’s Christmas first tomorrow! But this DIY, as happy as I am with it, was difficult and time consuming. If you have a sewing machine this project would be soooo much easier but as I do not, this craft took way too long. For those of you that would like to know how I went about making this, the directions are down below.
I do not have a completed photo because the lighting in the apartment today was extremely uncooperative...
- two pieces of white felt
- one piece of brown felt
- one piece of red felt
- bakers twine
- hot glue gun
- wooden dowel
- cut the brown felt into the shape a deer head (I got my image from Google Images)
- cut out a small red circle for the nose
- take a piece of white felt & fold it in half
- cut 3 strips from the top half of the folded piece of felt, leaving the last strip attached to the back side
- sew the piece so that you have 24 pouches
- number the pouches 1-24 using a sharpie
- attach the deer head and the nose to the remaining white piece of felt using hot glue - be sure to leave enough room at the top so that you can fold it over the dowel
- glue the pouch part to the bottom of the piece with the deer head on it
- glue the dowel to the felt, attach twine on both ends, fill with treats, hang!
This was a somewhat complicated project and I apologize that my instructions are so confusing. If you need more clarification, don’t hesitate to comment below!